Tuesday 19 January 2010

Evaluation question 3

What have you learned from your audience feedback?

Here are the results from my audience feedback. I did a questionnaire and asked 20 people between the age of 15 and 24 as this is the age group i decided to target during my audience research. Overall The audience was satisfied with my three products, with a couple of improvement that could be made. The audio for the the trailer was the main thing that they suggested to improve. This is because the actor was speaking to quickly and there was a lot of ambient noise picked up from the microphone. I realised during production she was speaking to fast but the environment I was filming in meant that we were constantly picking up sounds from people walking past and from the surrounding environment. Therefore filming a voice over inside in a quite location with minimal diegetic sounds would have solve this issue.
I put my Teaser Trailer on Youtube and asked people to feedback on it. It was useful finding out that my Teaser Trailer was effective in representing its genre. As people commented on the close up night time shots of the characters faces, as well as the ending being scary. This meant that i conveyed the conventions of a horror teaser trailer as they recognises the frighting, intense ending i was trying to achieve. However although it was good to find out what people thought using a site apart of the web 2.0 generation. It is a very informal way of collecting information, and the results are uncensored. Therefore it was better to provide a questionnaire also as you can control what questions you ask. This results in more constructed and related criticism and responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment